Sunday 29 September 2013

Visit to Alexandria Park Community School

Diane Fetherston (Principal), Meiya Folwell, Jennifer Vo, Ron Hoenig MP,
 Hassan Mouad (School Captain), Beulmi Mitiakigi and Christopher Bernardo
I had the pleasure in visiting Alexandria Park Community School. Upon my arrival I was delighted to be greeted by Principal Diane Fetherstone, members from the school’s P&C, School Captain Hassan Mouad and fellow students who took me on a tour of the school and spoke to me about all the wonderful things that they are involved in and what the school is doing.

I was lucky enough to catch the band rehearsing and the physics student’s discussions. I felt inspired and enthused by what I saw and also by the way that the students that accompanied me on tour spoke about how much they enjoyed attending Alex Park and the opportunities and support they felt they had by the teachers and the school.

Principal Ms Fetherston was very excited to tell me that they will be celebrating their 10 year birthday on November 22 with a concert and carnival extravaganza which will involve the students, staff, families and the community.

More exciting news is that the school are working with Carriageworks to secure a 3 year 'artist in residence' partnership, which will see a dance, a pop music duo and a visual artist working in their school and working with their students and staff complementing their already strong creative and performing arts programs in our school.

I also was thrilled to hear that the 15 years girls basketball team won the Sydney East regional CHS knockout competition and will represent our area of Sydney at the NSW carnival in Terrigal in November.

I would like to sincerely thank Principal Fetherston, the teachers and members of the P&C, along with all the students who took out time to spend with me, it was a really great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment