Saturday 12 October 2013

Hopeless EPA needs to have its prosecution powers removed

For many years have I been vocal in my criticism of the state's Environmental Protection Authority who I have considered to be a consistent failure in protecting the community from pollution.

I hold it responsible for the ground water and mercury contamination in this area. Its record of using its power to protect people from the vested interests is poor. Recently in parliament I referred to their failure to prosecute a serious environmental offender. You can see some of what I had to say on YouTube at the following link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpVAThgEA0w

Serious environmental offences should be give to the Director of Public Prosecutions to bring these people to justice in the form of gaol penalties.

No comments:

Post a Comment