Tuesday 12 November 2013

Our Lady of the Rosary, Kensington

Ron Hoenig MP & Vicki McGrath Assis Principal
Whilst out and about catching up with my local schools I was delighted to visit Our Lady of the Rosary, Catholic Primary School.

It was great to catch up with Assistant Principal Vicki McGrath and Liz Thorp from the Parents and Friends Association.

The Parents and Friends Association at Our Lady of the Rosary is very active raising over $50,000 for the school. Their major fundraiser at held South Sydney Junior Rugby League Club raised $20,000. What a great effort! I take my hat off to the P & F as I know from experience how amazing it is to raise this kind of money. Just a fantastic parent body. I also know how important these extra funds are to the school and the students.

It was an absolute pleasure to say hello to some of the young students as they ate their lunch. It is always nice to get a child’s perspective on what is important to them. I think in my job it is important to be in touch with all age groups and to understand what they see as being important or a problem.

I would like to thank the school for having me and look forward to attending their annual presentation night on 6 December to hear about all the students’ achievements.

No comments:

Post a Comment